Effective Date: 12/29/2016
- We will be transparent about the different types of information we collect and how we use them.
- We will ask your permission before sharing your personal information with third parties for purposes other than at your request or to provide EufyLife’s services, and to do so only when we think they will provide you with a welcome additional service.
- We will use best-in-class data security tools to keep your data safe and protect the EufyLife Products from unauthorized access.
Consent to international data transfers. Your personal information may be collected, processed and stored by EufyLife or its service providers in the United States and other countries where our servers reside. Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country. If you are using EufyLife Products in the European Economic Area or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from United States law, you consent to the transfer of your personal data to the United States and other countries where EufyLife operates. We have provided you with more information below as to how we protect your personal data when it is transferred internationally: How does EufyLife protect my personal information when it is transferred internationally?
Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to prospectively change this Policy from time to time, in our sole discretion. You should periodically review this Policy for changes and you can review the most current Policy any time at: https://help.eufylife.com/policy/privacy. Your use of the Software Product after the Effective Date of the updated version of this Policy will constitute your acceptance of the updated Policy.
Applicability of this Policy. This Policy covers our treatment of information that is gathered by the Software Product, including personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, including, for example, your name, address, email address, billing information, or mobile telephone number. This Policy does not apply to information collected by third party Linked Sites, including third party websites or services or to information collected by third parties. We have no control over and no responsibility or liability for any third party collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your information and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this Policy. Please review the privacy policies of any Linked Sites you may access.
What information does EufyLife collect?
- Setup information you provide: When you install EufyLife, you’ll be asked several questions in order to help us create an initial program of settings. For example, we’ll ask for information like your name, email address and home address. This information helps us to customize your experience with EufyLife.
- Device Information. If you create an Account, we will collect a unique identifier ("Device Identifier") from your mobile device used to access EufyLife. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device you use to access EufyLife, and our systems will identify your device by its Device Identifier.
- Technical information from the device: In order to improve your experience over time and help troubleshoot any problem you may encounter with the EufyLife, we record certain technical information.
- Customer Service Requests or Communications Submitted by You. The Software Product may provide functionality which allows you to voluntarily submit questions or comments to EufyLife. Communicating with us may require that you share personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, your name or email address. Any personal communications that you or a third party voluntarily submits to us in any format, including by email, postal mail, online form, or any other method of communication, may be collected and saved indefinitely in a profile specific to you.
- Other Important Personal Information. By downloading and using EufyLife, EufyLife automatically records your weight, temperature, blood pressure, body mass index (“BMI”) and other important health indicators, so that EufyLife can better record and monitor your health. EufyLife will not share any of these collected personal information without your consent.
- General. We may use your personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information to manage and administer your Account and EufyLife; to provide you with support and a more personalized experience; to respond to your requests and inquiries; to communicate with you; to monitor EufyLife usage; to improve EufyLife; to provide you with information about new products and services; to resolve disputes; to detect and protect against errors, fraud, and criminal activity; to assist law enforcement; to enforce this Policy and the Agreement; to conduct research (including market research), or for any other lawful purpose described in this Policy or that we describe to you at the time of collection.
- Communications. EufyLife may use your personally identifiable information to send you service-related and non-service related emails, push-notifications, SMS text messages, offers or advertisements related to your use of EufyLife, or other communications related to your use of EufyLife or in response to your inquiries or requests. EufyLife will not send you SMS text messages for marketing purposes without first obtaining your express prior written consent. You may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages that are not promotional in nature. If you want to stop receiving marketing-related SMS text messages or telephone calls at any time, you may opt out by responding to any text you receive or by following the instructions provided at the beginning of any telephone recording you receive.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawful purpose, including, but not limited to, analyzing trends, conducting research (including market research), administering EufyLife, tracking users’ movements on EufyLife, and to improve our business and EufyLife. We may share aggregate information with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may also combine non-personally identifiable information with other non-personally identifiable information collected from other sources.
- Information Retention. We will retain your information indefinitely, or as long as legally required or allowed. If you cancel your Account, stop using the Software Product, or if your use of the Software Product is otherwise terminated, we may, but are not obligated to, delete information we have collected or obtained from you or third parties and we may continue to use and disclose your information in accordance with this Policy. EufyLife does not undertake any retention obligations through this statement.
Information Security Measures. We exercise care in facilitating the transmission of information between your device or computer and the third-party servers that operate and store information for the Software Product. The personally identifiable information we collect is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. While our third-party providers have mechanisms in place to safeguard your personally identifiable information once it is received, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Information Sharing. Under no circumstance do we share personal information for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to the delivery of EufyLife Products and services without asking you first. Period. We do not rent or sell our customer lists.
- Legal Requirements. In some cases, we may disclose your information, including personally identifiable information (i) as required by any applicable law or legal regulation; (ii) if we believe disclosure is needed to protect our rights, property, or safety; (iii) to government regulators or law enforcement authorities in connection with any judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or legal process served on us or the Site; and (iv) to respond to a physical threat to you or another person.
- Affiliated Entities and Service Providers. We will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your information to any affiliated entity or organization and to agents and service providers to help us operate the Software Product, improve our business or the Software Product, and to provide services to us. These third parties may include customer service providers, business or sales service providers, merchants, or providers that supply support for the Software Product. Use of information by affiliated entities and service providers will be subject to this Policy or an agreement that is at least as restrictive as this Policy.
- With your explicit consent: We may share personal information when we have your consent. One example of this would be if you sign up for programs offered by our partners (e.g., energy or insurance companies). If you do this, we may share certain information with the partner. This could include things like your enrollment information and the activation status of your device. Similarly, when you connect third-party devices and services to your EufyLife Products through the Works with EufyLife program, you are shown information about any proposed exchange of data. Your explicit consent is required to allow these exchanges on your behalf and you can change your mind at any time.
- Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or part of our business or assets, we may disclose your information, including personally identifiable information, to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
- Disclaimer. We cannot ensure that all of your information will never be disclosed in ways not otherwise described in this Policy. For example, a third party may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, or other users of the Software Product may abuse or misuse your personally identifiable information. No transmission of data over the internet can be 100% secure.
- The Software Product is Not Intended for use by Children. The Software Product is for general use and children under the age of 13 are prohibited from using the Software Product or registering for an Account. We will not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 13; nor will we send any email correspondence to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will remove that information immediately and delete it from our servers. Children under the age of 13 should always ask their parents or guardians before providing their information online. If you believe information from a child under the age of 13 has been submitted to the Software Product, please notify us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Minors. We may provide Software Product users the ability to publicly post information, for example by submitting reviews, testimonials, or other Customer Content. If you are a California resident under age 18 and you are unable to remove publicly-available information that you have submitted to us, you may request removal by contacting us at: email@example.com. When requesting removal, you must be specific about the information you want removed and provide us with specific information, such as the URL for each page where the information is located, so that we can find it. We are not required to remove any information that: (i) federal or state law requires us or a third party to maintain; (ii) the information was not posted by you; (iii) we anonymize the information so that you cannot be identified; (iv) you don’t follow our instructions for removing or requesting removal; or (v) you received compensation or other consideration for providing the information. REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION FROM THE SITE DOES NOT ENSURE COMPLETE OR COMPREHENSIVE REMOVAL OF THAT INFORMATION FROM OUR SYSTEMS OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR SERVICE PROVIDERS. We are not required to delete the information; our obligations under California law are satisfied so long as we anonymize the information or render it invisible to other users and the public.
California Shine the Light Law. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed personally identifiable information (as defined under that statute) of that California resident for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of that kind of personally identifiable information that was disclosed to them. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request, you may do so by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing, Updating, or Deleting your Personally Identifiable Information. If your personally identifiable information changes, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will make good faith efforts to resolve requests to correct inaccurate information except where the request is unreasonable, requires disproportionate technical effort or expense, jeopardizes the privacy of others, or would be impractical. If your Account is terminated for any reason, your information will no longer be accessible through your Account or associated with your mobile telephone number. However, activity that occurred prior to deletion may continue to be stored on our systems or the systems of our service providers indefinitely.
Privacy Questions. If you have questions or comments regarding this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.